Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Instant Pot Quick Browned Ground Beef

Is anyone keeping track of how often I say, "One of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is . . . "?

Well, here I go again.

I buy ground beef in 5lb chubs (don't judge, large family). Previously, I would have browned it all up in my cast iron skillet, drained it (cheap budget-conscious beef in American is fat), and frozen it in 2 C portions for use in recipes, a process which takes a couple of hours.

Now, I put the rack in my Instant Pot, add a cup of water, cut the chub into a few pieces, and follow this method. The fat mostly drains into the water (which I pour on our dry dog food or use in cooking their homemade food), and the meat turns out very tender. It keeps its shape, and I let those cool and freeze them, a process which takes 15ish hands-on minutes. #score

No comments: