Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Quick Instant Pot Mac & Cheese


My kids love mac & cheese. Ok, I confess, I also like the occasional serving of mac & cheese. When I buy the boxed stuff, I get whole grain, at least, but I was hoping to find an Instant Pot version, because the boxed stuff is parboiled and turns into mush in the IP. And in the IP, it saves a step of draining the pasta, and the powder I buy is supposedly healthier.

Quick Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
INGREDIENTS
4 C wheat macaroni (1 lb)
4 C water/stock/bone broth
2-3 T butter
link sausage, sliced, optional
1/3 C cheese powder
3/4 C milk
1-2 C broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
DIRECTIONS
Stir pasta and liquid in he the IP. 
Dot with butter (less, if using sausage).
Cook on manual high for 2 mins. 
NPR 10 mins, then QR
If using broccoli, add and re-close for 10 mins.

Add powder and milk and stir to mix.

No comments: