Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chocolatier Brownies

After GfG's remark on my last brownie recipe post (which did not offend me at all, just got me thinking), I decided to think a little outside the box, and venture into new territory: I tried a new brownie recipe for the first time in 12 years! I even tried it out on company. But they are close friends, so I knew they would forgive me and still be my friends, even if they didn't turn out well. Turn out well they did, though, so I thought I'd share.

I can't tell if they're supposed to be Chocolatier Brownies, as in some one who makes chocolate, or Chocolaty-er Brownies, as in brownies that taste even more chocolaty than others. I think the former sounds fancier and more exotic, so that's what I'm going with. :-P



from MomGardens

beat well:
2 C sugar
1 C Butter (no margarine)

add and mix well:
3 eggs
1 t vanilla

mix in:
1 t salt
1 C flour
3/4 C cocoa

Bake in greased 9 x 13 pan for 30 minutes at 350. Cool in pan before cutting.

The verdict: yummy! Rich, moist, kind of the perfect mix of cakey and gooey. The only thing I would change, which I noted above, was to add salt. The recipe I'm used to has salt, and I like the effect.

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Yum!!

Cara, If I lived at your house I would weigh a ton. You have the most yummy sounding recipes for the things I have no self-control over!!! Cookies, breads, brownies.
Yumm-o!!!

I wish I could hop over for a visit when you have something baking! (I was going to say 'in the oven', but that led me to something else... and I didn't want you to think I was being nosey or pressuring you. :-))

Love these recipes!!

mideastmom said...

Hey, I wish you could just hop over, too, because then I'd have a reason to make all those things. I really only bake for company.

As for the "in the oven" part, we're still in a "waiting" season, so we'll see about that.