• 2 K sweet apples, i.e. not Granny Smith (approx. 4 1/2 lbs)
• 1 t ground cinnamon
• 1/4 t ground cloves
• 1/4 t ground allspice (or omit and increase cloves to 1/2 t)
1. Core and slice apples (peel, if preferred) and place in crockpot with spices.
2. Cook on High overnight.
3. In the morning, stir to break apart apple pieces. (You can use a hand blender at this point, if you’d like a smoother finished product.)
4. At this point remove lid and leave off. This allows the excess liquid to bake off, achieving the desired consistency.
5. Stir every few hours.
6. The mixture should reach desired consistency before bedtime of the second night. At this point you can remove to containers to chill or freeze (or can).
7. If for some reason, the mixture still has too much liquid, cook on Low overnight, and chill or freeze in the morning.
I Only Have 15 Minutes Tonight
4 hours ago